måndag 28 april 2014

Smeared Ink's Monthly Design Team Blog Hop

It's time for the monthly blog hop at Smeared Ink and I have a fabulous project to show you all! =) This is also my monthly altered project! =) These photos will also be posted in the Smeared and Smudged forum!

The theme is: Do your own thing! =)



I bought a clock at a flea market and it was too cute in pink and blue, so I decided to take away all the decorations, paint it black and only kept the cat in the top left corner. After that it's just been here in the living room until I realized that it would be perfect for the hop! =)

So prepare for a lot of images + text and I will try and explain everything I've made! =)



Images I've used from Smeared Ink:
Anatomy 101 Skull front
Empty Specimen Jar
Jar label
White rabbit single
Vampire bunny
Cemetary gate
Anatomy 101 Ribs

This is my haunted mansion with the clock. It has four rooms and I decorated all of them in a different style, might be a mad scientist that lives here! =)


I started working on the centerpiece, the clock, managed to remove the clock and add the White Rabbit Single and the clock in the center of the image. The great part was that the clock worked after I out it back, so I was lucky. The image is colored with promarkers and I added stickles to the green parts of the image.


To the left of the clock was the cat that I couldn't removeso I left it there and just added red halfpearls for the eyes. Then I added the Vampire Bunny with thick 3D pillows and half pearls to it's eyes too. It's colored with different shades of green and has red pearls or blood made with my pearl maker on it's fur. A haunted house need some pets! =)



Under the Vampire Bunny you can see some specimen jars, added the label to one of them and raised that on 3D pillows too + the lid, in the back is a specimen jar filled with a rib cage and one is laying there with crackle accent on it, doesnt show so well unfortunatly. It's glued on with glossy accent.


Below the clock you have the cemetary gate, raised on 3D pillows. A man is hanged in the gate (a charm) and I added some cheese cloth to make it a little foggy in the ground. Not sure what the mad scientist is up to but he saved some gauce with blood on in a jar and it's dripping blood on the sides. Might be an experiment going on.



On the right side of the clock you can see a skull on the wall and a skeletonhand in the ceiling. The hand is covered in blood and dripping down on the floor. The skull is colored with promarkers and I added crackle and glossy accent to it, as you can see below in a close-up. The dripping blood is from a Pearl maker, as used in other parts of the house. The hand is glued on with glossy accent, couldn't find my gluegun until I had finished this, as usual! =)





I'm adding this into the following challenges:

Haunted Design House - Macabre Monday #187 Working in the lab, late one night

613 Avenue Create: Challenge #69 Anything Goes

Ditzie Digi Design: Week 2 Anything Goes

One Stitch At A Time: Challenge #210 Anything Goes

That Craft Place Ltd: Challenge Anything Goes


15 kommentarer:

  1. Elenor...this is outstanding. I love your shadowbox with all it's wonderfully creepy treasures. It must have taken you all month to create this work of art.

    SvaraRadera
  2. Fabulous haunted laboratory/clock you have created here, Elenor!
    Love all the little details, and that hanging skellie charm is awesome!
    Seems we were all on the same specimen page this week!
    So glad you were able to play along with us in the dungeon at HDH!

    SvaraRadera
  3. FAB, FAB, FAB!! Amazing transformation of the original piece. Clock looks great and love the stickles. Each compartment is superb and love all the details you have put in. Great use of the images and nothing better than some bright red accents to bring on the creep. You rocked it lady!

    SvaraRadera
  4. Elenor I love your project. every single detail and I am such a sucker for finds like this too. Beautiful art!
    hugs
    susan s

    SvaraRadera
  5. wow this is so creative and so much to look at! :) what a fab project, very inspiring. xx

    SvaraRadera
  6. Love it! The hand and skull are my favs. This is just one more realization that I have to go get some crackle paint. Love the entire concept
    kisses

    SvaraRadera
  7. WOW!! This is stunning Elenor. I LOVE all the detailed rooms..Loz

    SvaraRadera
  8. Wow Elenor this is fabulous!

    SvaraRadera
  9. Så himla käckt! Kreativiteten blommar hos dig! Kramiz

    SvaraRadera
  10. Love your haunted mansion Ellis! Jenny x

    SvaraRadera
  11. love the card thanks for sharing with 613 avenue create this week Rachel dt

    SvaraRadera
  12. This is just sooo creepy cool. Fabulous project. Thanks for playing along with us in the dungeon at HDH.

    SvaraRadera
  13. NICE!!!!

    awesome shadowbox

    thanks for playing at HDH

    SvaraRadera
  14. Wonderful work. I like all the little creepy treasures, I couldn't stop staring at everything so much details. :D
    Thanks for joining us at OSAAT challenge Anything Goes.
    Deborah OSAAT DT

    SvaraRadera
  15. Wow, that is a lot of work! Wonderful job on your box. Thank you for playing along this week at OSAAT. I sure hope to see you back again very soon. Good Luck in the challenge!!!

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl OSAAT DT
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

    SvaraRadera